For this episode, we gathered the most popular questions we received during the fall of 2022 for Mike to answer in a Rapid FIRE Q&A! There are around 20 questions covering both stocks and strategies to which you’ll get straight answers!
Watch the Free Webinar Replay Now!
- Dividend lists are a good place to start research, but their role remains limited.
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) recently did a spin-off: Good or Bad News?
- Mike shares his 3 favorite Canadian stocks and 3 favorite US ones. Do you hold any?
- Investors often wonder how to invest a lump sum of money. Mike reminds listeners about his 1/3 strategy.
- CDRs seem interesting for Canadians. However, there are a couple of downsides that you need to be aware of. You can get more details on CDRs on The Moose on the Loose podcast.
- Having winners is a good thing is a portfolio… but to what extent? Should you let them run forever or rebalance at what point?
- Mike shares his thoughts on:
- 3M (MMM)
- Sylogist (SYZ.TO)
- TC Energy (TRP/TRP.TO)
- Aecon Group (ARE.TO)
- Open Text (OTEX/OTEX.TO)
- Visa (V) or MasterCard (MA)
- Although he’s not a fan, Mike believes Intact Financial (IFC.TO) is the best insurance company and details why.
- Which stocks to put in registered accounts and which ones in cash?
- Rate Canadian Banks from 6 to 1. Any bets?
- Keeping a portion of our portfolio in cash during a recession seems attractive, but is it a good option?
- Algonquin Power (AQN/AQN.TO) lost a lot of value this year. There are uncertainties around the company. If AQN cuts its dividend in 2023, what will Mike do?
- Finally, what is Mike’s best tip for investors in 2023?
Wouldn’t it be perfect to have a list of the most amazing dividend growers and just pick some from the basket? Those lists exist, but today we’ll discuss their pros and cons and share our safe list!
Dividend Growers Lists: Where to Find Good Stocks? [Podcast]
In late November, the big 6 Canadian Banks’ quarterly reports came in with… not that strong of a report! But still, they issued their earnings, which tells us a lot about what’s coming next. So let’s look at what happened!
Some stocks are actually in positive territory this year! Those are recession-resilient, show a strong balance sheet, are amazing dividend growers, and have plenty of growth vectors. Here’s one of my favorites and largest holdings: Alimentation Couche-Tard!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post Rapid FIRE Questions [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.