It’s been 20 years since Mike started investing! However, dividend growth stocks were not his first choice. Today, we look back and discuss what he wishes he knew when he started 20 years ago. Do you share some lessons in common? Let us know what you’ve learned as an investor.
Improve your Investment Plan. Subscribe to our free newsletter to download the Workbook!
- Mike started as a trader on the stock market. He thought buying and selling would result in quick, easy money. Fast forward to 2023, he wishes he knew the long-term impact of holding stocks.
- From 2010 to 2012, Mike publicly switched his portfolio to dividend growth stocks. How did it happen for you, and how did it change your investment plan?
- Could ETFs do the same and why did Mike go for dividend growers?
- Buying real estate in a premium area is something Mike regrets not doing when he has had the chance. Did you ever chasse a shiny object?
- Sometimes, it may be too late for you, but you can make sure to not replicate your errors with your kids. This is what Mike has in mind.
- Mike always tells investors, especially retirees, to have easy access to some cash reserve when a crash happens. How does this help when you’re in the accumulation and decumulation phases?
- That said, Mike still has trouble applying it himself today. How does he plan on fixing this?
- Last but not least, the podcaster wishes he’d known the advantages of having a USD account. Why?
We have welcomed some of the best DGI and FI guests on the show over the last year or so. These interviews have been generous in inspiration and have opened doors to new ways of thinking for Mike. Today is all about mindsets, strategies, and how you can improve yourself by hearing different opinions of ways of investing, including the episode with Tracy Ma.
Tricks Mike Learned from Other Investors [Podcast]
We covered some of Mike’s lessons today, but what about Vero? Here’s her story!
Who is Vero and How Does She Invest [Podcast]
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Investing [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.