Dividend high-yield stocks ease your mind and make calculation easy at retirement. Both income-seeking and growth investors can benefit from having some high-yielders in their portfolios. But make no mistake, there’s no free lunch in finance! This is why we pulled out the best stocks showing a yield of 4% and above.
Download the Dividend Rock Star List!
- When we first did this episode over a year ago, interest rates were still very low. The economic environment has changed a lot since and it has impacted the yield of many dividend stocks. But that doesn’t come with any risk.
- REITs are made to distribute as much as possible to their unitholders. Stag Industrial (STAG) and Crown Castle International (CCI) are good candidates in this sector. Still, investors need to ensure both FFO per share and dividend increase.
- The Consumer Discretionary sector may face many headwinds this year. However, A&W Royalties (AW.UN.TO) and Canadian Tire Corp (CTC.A.TO) should continue to thrive with their growth vectors and unique brand recognition.
- T.Rowe Price (TROW) and CME Group (CME) are well-positioned to dominate the financial sector. TROW is a giant showing dividend increases for 36 years and CME is don’t of the best in class for derivative products and offers a special dividend that boosts its yield.
- On the Canadian side, two insurance companies made the list: Great-West Lifeco (GWO.TO) and SunLife Financial (SLF.TO). They have proven their resiliency during the 2008 financial crisis and both have become solid asset managers with financial planners.
- In the Utilities sector, two companies are head to head: Brookfield Renewables (BEPC) and Brookfield Infrastructure (BIPC). The two are well-diversified and show a solid track record of dividend growth. Investors need to be patient; renewable energy has been hit hard and might not come back as strong this year either.
- The Information Technology sector shows Intel (INTC) in its high-yield options. At the time we recorded the episode, Intel was struggling and Mike pointed it out as being a speculative play. In late January, INTC reported weak earnings that disappointed the market. At this point, an upcoming dividend cut wouldn’t be very surprising.
An Intel video is coming on Thursday, February 2nd on Mike’s YouTube channel. Subscribe now not to miss it!
Algonquin Power Utilities (AQN) has recently failed its shareholders on an investor call. What happened with AQN and what are the lessons to learn? How to avoid the next AQN in your portfolio?
Be fully prepared for the year with this mini-series! Having stock categories in your portfolio, using a checklist, improving your portfolio in 3 steps, and getting some stock ideas should set the table for your investment.
How to Invest in 2023 [Podcast Series]
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2023 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post The Best High-Yield 4%+ Stocks [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.