These 6 well-known companies used to have it all! They were leaders in their industry, the market loved them, and investors were craving to get them.
However, the story looks different now. Their stock price went down and many investors are worried. Did they really lose their magic?
Get your portfolio ready! Download the Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook here.
- Disney (DIS) and magic should come together, right? However, the pandemic hurt Disney a lot, up to the point it suspended its dividend in 2020. Despite the fact that things seem to get better, Disney is still down. What’s happening and should investors keep their shares?
- Magna International (MG.TO or MGA) is a leader in the auto parts industry that has built strong relationships with automakers. Despite its stable market, Magna struggles to get some love from the market. Is it at risk or is it time to buy?
- Starbucks (SBUX) certainly is one of the most successful coffee brands and shops around the world. It also has a modern approach to dealing with its customers through social networking and its mobile platform. Plus, it shows double-digit dividend growth for the past 5 years. Why did it lose so much value?
- NFI Group (NFI.TO) is a bus maker that has a 45% market share in heavy-duty transit buses and 39% in motor coaches. In 2018, it traded at around $55. It currently trades at around $12. That must hurt. Is the market right about this one, did it lose its magic touch?
- Andrew Peller (ADW.A.TO) is a leader in the wine industry in Canada. It is known to grow by acquisition and it has proven its resiliency during the last crisis. Still, it dropped like a rock and Mike even sold his shares. What happened?
- TFI International (TFII.TO or TFII) operates in the transportation field and logistics services. It grew through acquisitions with over 80 transactions since 2008. Despite all that, we can feel that many investors are nervous about that one. Is it only a victim of the Economy?
The market has gone sideways for a while: Russian sanctions, outbreaks, inflation, and interest rates don’t help. There are also concrete signals that the worst is ahead. We could live in denial, but we chose to discuss why a recession may be upcoming and help you be prepared for the storm.
It’s Going to Hurt, Stay Invested [Podcast]
Wouldn’t it be nice if all your dividend payers would always increase their payment and never cut their distribution? Here are our three favorite tricks to avoid dividend cuts. Let’s keep those dividends alive for your retirement!
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post 6 Companies that Lost Their Magic Touch [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.