You asked, and we answered—quickly! Just weeks after unveiling the all-new WordPress.com and desktop app for Mac, we’re thrilled to introduce our new Windows app.
Now you can manage your sites, write and publish, and even customize your site and view stats from a dedicated app in your Windows Start Menu. Use it for your sites on WordPress.com, as well as for self-hosted WordPress sites. (For the latter, you’ll just need to have the Jetpack plugin installed to connect your site.)
And just like the rest of WordPress.com, the new Windows app is simple, seamless, and blazingly fast.
Download the app
The new Windows app includes:
- The My Sites dashboard for managing multiple sites, whether WordPress.com or self-hosted WordPress with Jetpack.
- The new WordPress.com Editor, with in-app previewing and draft auto-saving.
- The Reader, which lets you follow and read any of your favorite sites, and the all-new Discover, which recommends outstanding content from across all of WordPress.
- Insights and Stats, which show you exactly how your site and posts are performing.
- In-app notifications, so you can see comments, likes, and new follows all in one place.
This, of course, is just the beginning. We’re excited to have you try it out, and thanks for all your continued feedback and support.
Learn more about the new WordPress.com in the video below. Since its launch you’ve already published upwards of 3 million posts using the new editor!
Filed under: Admin Bar, Applications, Features, WordPress.com, Writing