Many investment strategies work… some others not so much! Bad years may lead investors to search for miracle solutions or shortcuts to make money. So today we will discuss the most dangerous investment strategies in the hopes that you won’t fall into them.
Download the DSR Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook Free!
- Penny stocks usually sell for very low prices and show a big upside potential. It almost feels like guaranteed money. They remain very risky; Mike learned it the hard way!
- Mutual Funds are usually how investors start. While it is possible to build a retirement plan around them, this strategy is far from optimal. High hidden fees hurt investors’ portfolios.
- Moving strategies might be tempting, but it’s one of the most harmful bad habits. You might get lost in the process and end up with a bunch of holdings that have nothing to do with your goals!
- Sector rotation is like timing the market. Usually, it does not end so well…
- Chasing shiny objects or flavors of the month is so attractive! The narrative around them is seducing but they remain highly speculative.
- We end the episode with examples of strategies that work and why: DGI, ETFs, private wealth, etc.
You can have more details on Dividend John‘s book Too Rich to Be Stressed here.
Mike has detailed his cryptocurrency adventure and lessons learned in this recent dividend income report.
A Tale of Shiny Objects – October Dividend Income Report
It always feels good to beat the index. The Beat the TSX strategy is made for that and has shown great results in the past. Is buying the top 10 dividend yielders from the TSX 60 all you need to succeed? Let’s dive into this!
Beat the TSX [Podcast]
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Top Stocks for 2022 booklet now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post The Most Dangerous Investment Strategies [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.