Subscribe: Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
Mike started investing in dividend stocks in 2010. How did he become a dividend growth investor? What led him to that investment strategy? Today, we’ll cover Mike’s investing story and which lessons he learned through the journey.
The DSR Recession-Proof Portfolio Workbook contains guidelines into building your own safe portfolio. Download it for free now!
- Where did Mike’s passion for numbers start.
- What type of investments Mike was into before dividend growers.
- Why did he shift his portfolio into dividend growth stocks and what were the things that convince him to move to them.
- How Mike’s strategy evolved over time and what are the lessons he learned.
- How Dividend Stocks Rock members have inspired Mike.
- What’s the most valuable learning one can get from his experience.
During the episode, we mentioned the Retirement Series that we did just a few weeks ago. You can easily get to these episodes below.
- Retirement Portfolio Series – Let’s Start With the Basics: Budget and Cash
- Retirement Portfolio Series – Two Dividend Options to Create Your Paycheck
- Retirement Portfolio Series – How to Increase Your Yield and Protect You Income from Inflation
- Retirement Portfolio Series – Withdrawal Mechanics to Enjoy Retirement
Dividend Growth Investing = More Money, Less Stress
“When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”
My entire portfolio is invested in dividend growth stocks. Some holdings act as “fixed income” as they offer a stable dividend yield and can weather market storms. Some others are my “growth equity” as they offer lower yield, but strong dividend growth and stock price appreciation potential. The combination of various dividend growers will create a balance where your portfolio will help you retire stress-free.
Strangely enough, even Vanguard (a pioneer in ETF investing) conducted its own studies on the recent market history and concluded that dividend growers are among the best-performing assets.
Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
Follow Mike on:
The post How Mike Became a Dividend Growth Investor and Which Lessons Did He Learn [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.