September is at our doors, kids are returning to school, and we will soon enter the last quarter of 2023… which promises to be a rollercoaster! Central banks are expected to raise interest rates again. Will this bring us into recession? Let’s review the market together and, most importantly, share how to prepare for what’s coming.
Make sure your holdings deserve to be in your portfolio. Download the Free Stock Checklist!
- High inflation and rising interest rates have been central to most discussions. Mike explains the other things that have impacted the market this year.
- Higher interest rates seem to be there to stay. But what does it mean for Q4 and beyond?
- Mike mentioned many times that he thinks a recession is coming. Could it happen as fast as the next few months?
- Other things that could tint the market include nasty surprises and the heavyweight the tech sector carries to deliver.
- Some sectors or industries may be affected more by the economic environment. Mike discusses why consumer discretionary, finance, and energy are more exposed.
- Vero is adding a note of businesses with high debt levels facing challenges. You can see Mike’s analysis of such a situation by downloading the ENB and TC Energy Report.
- Like in every bad situation, there are also places to hide. This time, you could find shelter in safe and boring companies in consumer staples.
- Should you have money to invest, there seem to be opportunities in Brookfield Corporation (BN), Telus (T.TO / TU), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and Home Depot (HD).
- Mike shares a few key points on how to prepare for Q4.
- We end the episode with the advantages of having a stock checklist in difficult times.
Having low to zero debt allows businesses to grow faster and stronger. Here are 4 of them on the US market.
For this episode, we’ll show you how many good dividend growers can be part of this new era and maybe boost your returns without adding too much hazard.
Stocks to Benefit from the AI Trend – Is It Relevant? [Podcast]
The Best Dividends to Your Inbox!
Download our Dividend Rock Star List now and do not miss out on the good stuff! Receive our Portfolio Workbook and weekly emails, including our latest podcast episode!
Follow Mike, The Dividend Guy, on:
If you have ideas for guests, topics for The Dividend Guy Blog podcast, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
This podcast episode has been provided by Dividend Stocks Rock.
The post Be Prepared for Q4 (Market Review) [Podcast] appeared first on The Dividend Guy Blog.